Building on a Solid Foundation
Floyd will build its open heart surgery on the foundation of an already robust cardiology program that includes the following services:
- Cardiac catheterization
- Angioplasty/stent placement
- Pacemaker and defibrillator placement
Heart patients receive care on our fifth floor cardiac stepdown unit or in our 23-bed critical care/intensive care unit, if needed. We also have an 11-bed heart-specific observation unit.
- Floyd will leverage its existing community advocates and corporate partners to identify potential patients.
- 200 adult volunteers
- Breast health advocates
- Floyd Healthcare Foundation
- Patient Family Advisory Committee
- Floyd will engage patients who do not have a primary care physician with one of our many primary care providers.
- Translation services available to Spanish-speaking patients.
- Floyd will build on our current transportation solutions to address access barriers.
- Floyd is a mission-based community hospital with programs in place to care for all patients, including those who are indigent, uninsured and low-income. We offer sliding scale charges up to 325% of the federal poverty level.
- Floyd charges 60.6% less per patient for cardiac catheterization services, and we project that we can provide open heart surgery at lower average charge than hospitals in our service area.
Education and Prevention
- Floyd will establish a Cardiology Outreach Coordinator.
- Floyd will build on its existing community engagement strategy to add cardiology-specific education and screenings. Our Mobile Mammography program was designed to address health care disparities among women in Northwest Georgia, particularly those in rural Polk and Chattooga counties, and minority shift workers in Cobb County. Over the past 11 years, the Mobile Mammography Coach has traveled more than 100,000 miles and provided nearly 30,000 mobile mammograms.
- In addition to Mobile Mammography, Floyd currently provides in the community:
- Blood pressure screenings
- Diabetes education and screenings
- Diabetes prevention classes
- EMS presence at community events
- School Nurses in Floyd, Polk and Rome City schools
- Athletic trainers in 17 Northwest Georgia schools
- Live Well! programming
- Floyd will assign a patient navigator to help patients receive care they need throughout the continuum of care.
Lend Your Voice to Bring More Heart to Northwest Georgia
Do Even More!
Share your story and the petition on social media, tagging the governor. Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, Twitter):
@GovKemp @BrianKempGA #moreheartNWGA